I’ve been wanting to share this recipe! I just never wrote down the recipe or how I made it until now. I know it’s not about jewelry, but everybody has to eat 😁
It is perfect for…
-Awesome healthy snack
-Side dish to a meal.
-Leftovers keep well in the fridge for a couple days
-Great for busy professional folks that want to eat healthy food often
Every time I make this green bean recipe, my friends and family will vacuum it up and always want more! Seriously, if you were here I’d make it for you 🙂
It’s so quick and easy anybody can make it.
What you need:
1 lb fresh green beans (I like to use tender French green beans)
1 TBSP chopped garlic
1 TBSP soy sauce – (like to use Kikkoman Tamari or light soy sauce)
1 TBSP avocado oil (you can also use sunflower or another oil of your choice)
1/2 TBSP roasted sesame seeds
1/2 tsp sesame oil
Chili pepper flakes for sprinkling on if desire a little kick
- Bring water to boil in a pot big enough for the amount of green beans. Blanch the green beans in the boiling water until color turns bright green but not to cook it through. Usually took 1-1 1/2 minutes for me.
- Strain out the hot water then put the green beans in a bowl full of cold water. This will keep the color bright and texture crisp. Strain and set aside in mixing bowl.
- In a sauce pan, heat the avocado oil on medium heat, stir-fry the garlic until fragrant but not to brown. Add soy sauce, stir, then add sesame seed, then sesame oil. Mix well, and turn off the heat. Let them cool down a little.
- Pour the awesome sauce you just made over the beautiful green bean and mix well. Add chili pepper flakes (optional)
- And Voila! It’s ready to serve!
I hope you give this recipe a try, and adjust it to your liking!
The one thing to watch for is the garlic; you don’t want it to be browned while frying it in the avocado oil or it will be bitter. Naturally the soy sauce will brown it, so no worry about that.
Please let me know how you like it when you try it out.